Flood Backflow Prevention Devices
AWMA has a range of backflow prevention devices including Flap Gate Valves and Isolation Penstocks.
AWMA’s flow control products are supplied as standard designs or tailor made to meet specific site requirements.
- The Flap Gate Valves are on a 3 degree angle to ensure sealing under low head differential
Full perimeter sealing for up to 10m head pressure
Low head loss
- Gravity and head pressure can achieve automatic one-way flood, tidal or flow control
- Effective back-flow prevention for flood control
- Lifting lugs or optional cable winch allows the gate to be raised in emergency or maintenance situations
- Pipe or head wall mounted
- Suitable for corrosive environments
- Requires minimal civil works to install
- Low maintenance
- Designed for any size or shaped orifice 300mm to 3m
Explore the links below to see some examples of projects that utilise backflow prevention devices or contact AWMA for more information on flood gates, flood barriers and all other water management designs.
AWMA Water Control Projects for Flood Mitigation Applications…