AWMA’s Concealed Flood Barrier is a self-actuating flood defence system that harnesses rising waters to automatically deploy a flood barrier via floatation.
The AWMA Concealed Flood Barrier is an innovative product that utilises the principles of buoyancy to raise the flood barrier ahead of rising floodwaters.
By utilising the natural buoyancy of the gate, the system deploys automatically without the need for external power or controls.
As pictured, the FLOOD FREE Concealed Flood Barrier protects the basement of this Sydney apartment building from flood and storm water intrusion.
This self-closing flood gate measures 6000mm wide x 1300mm high, however the design is fully customisable to suit any size opening.
The Concealed Flood Barrier automatically rises vertically, from underground, once waters reach a predefined level.
Fully extended, the flood gate is designed to withstand the nominated maximum flood level, with resilient seals for effective water isolation.
Components include integral end frames for connection to adjoining walls. Audible and visual warning systems are also available.
- The gate is permanently installed below ground level at the isolation point, ready for deployment when required.
- Rising water levels cause an automatic response, elevating the isolation barrier via floatation.
- Gate system retracts below pavement as water levels decrease.
- Suitable for large openings up to 30m wide and 1.6m high.
- Low maintenance design.
- Low aesthetic impact.
- Basement / carpark access points
- Pedestrian access and pathways
- Flood levees
- Residential and commercial property protection
AWMA's design team will provide full support to ensure the most appropriate solution is developed and specified during the preliminary design.
Watch this page for further developments or subscribe to our news blasts.