AWMA’s Concealed Flood Barrier is a self-actuating flood defence system that harnesses rising waters to automatically deploy a flood barrier via floatation.
The barrier is permanently installed below ground level at the isolation point, ready for deployment when required.
Rising water levels cause an automatic response, elevating the isolation barrier via floatation.
- Suitable for 1m-20m wide openings.
- Low maintenance design.
- Options available to meet aesthetic and traffic loading requirements.
- Minimal footprint.
- All FloodFree Barriers are purpose-designed, engineered and manufactured by AWMA Water Control Solutions.
- AWMA’s design team provide full support to project partners, ensuring the product delivered will be engineered and certified to withstand worse case scenarios for expected flood water height, debris loading, deployment times etc.
- Design considerations include the condition of the nominated site, with options for greenfield and brownfield sites.
The AWMA Flood Gate range has a minimum 25 year design life.
Minimal maintenance is required ensuring low ‘whole of life costs’.
All procedures are in accordance with AWMA’s accredited ISO 9001 Quality Management System to ensure each barrier is manufactured to a high standard, tested and ready for trouble free operation.
The Concealed Flood Barrier uses approaching floodwaters to automatically raise the barrier without human intervention, electricity or mechanical assistance.
Detailed documentation on operation, testing procedures and maintenance can be provided with all FloodFree Barriers.
Comprehensive on and/or off site training available.