The AWMA LayFlat is a downwards opening tilt gate for the accurate regulation and isolation of flows.
AWMA specialise in supplying high quality, high performance water control infrastructure for all industries. AWMA’s water management solutions are supplied as standard designs or tailor made to meet specific site requirements.
- 100% open waterway
- MultiBay structures available to reduce civil works
- Fitted with gate positioning gauge
- Volumetric flow certified to ± 5%
- Vented nape
- Supplied fully assembled
Utilising the unique flow test facility ‘FlowLab’, AWMA has developed world first certified flow algorithms that will provide operators with accurate flow measurement on both manual and automated gates (read more).
Prof. R.J. Keller presented the paper “The LayFlat Gate for Flow Regulation and Measurement – Development and Experience in Large Scale Installations” at the Hydraulic Measurements and Experimental Methods 2012 Conference (HMEM2012) in the USA. The paper showcased AWMA’s LayFlat Gate and the successful flow algorithm developed for its regulation and measurement capacity. The LayFlat’s unique features and accurate flow management involved extensive research and development, resulting in thousands of installations of one of the world’s most successful water management gates.
Projects utilising the AWMA LayFlat (Tilting) gate
- Award-Winning Irrigation Modernisation
- Stainless Steel LayFlats for Pike Floodplain
- Tidal River Upgrade for WA
- Environmental Regulator for Margaret Dowling
- Old Man Creek Weir and Fishway, NSW
- Yallakool Creek Weir and Fishway, NSW
- Koondrook – Perricoota Flood Enhancement Works, NSW
- Rocklands Reservoir, VIC
- SunWater, QLD
- Marebone Fishway, NSW