No two floods are the same and, as such, no two Flood Protection Solutions are the same.
With such extensive widespread flooding throughout Australia at the moment, AWMA is committed to continue developing partnerships and solutions that assist clients with suitable and viable flood mitigation projects.
Due to the range of variables, flood barrier design is most successful when facilitated in partnership with technical experts, manufacturers, construction companies, developers, asset owners and authorities all working together to develop flood mitigation solutions that reduce flood risk.
Flood protection can be facilitated in various ways, including a combination of:
- Floodplain management
- Building modifications
- Water storage and retention dam management
- Waterway rehabilitation
- Physical flood barriers.
AWMA will continue to support initiatives for flood mitigation and flood protection through:
- Continuous research and development of our flood barrier systems
- Development of barriers to suit new applications
- Engineered options to protect more assets at higher flood levels
- Options for more economically viable installations.
Our thoughts are with the many thousands of people that have been impacted by the recent flood events.
AWMA has successfully delivered a wide range of projects for flood mitigation purposes.
- Flood Barriers as isolation solutions in urban, suburban, industrial, commercial and regional locations
- Flood protection structures for inner city buildings and basements, car parks, sporting facilities, shopping centres, residential housing, industrial facilities and utility services
- Flood water diversions / redirection systems
- Permanent or portable flood control barriers
- Stormwater Harvesting Systems
- Tidal Control
- Backflow Prevention Solutions
- Levee Isolation Barriers
- Stormwater Isolation
AWMA’s tailored structures provide many flood mitigation options. These Flood Control Structures include:
- A wide variety of floodgates, penstocks and flood barriers
- Emergency isolation gates
- Backflow prevention devices
- Removable stop boards, stop logs and bulkheads
- Tidal gates
- Flap gates and non-return one-way valves
- Permanent and temporary flood barriers
- Manual Demountable Flood Barriers
- Passive/Automatic Concealed Flood Barriers
- Passive/Automatic Tilting Self-Regulating Tidal Gates
- Horizontal Sliding Retractable Flood Barriers
- Diversion gates and associated systems
- Remote or on-site monitoring and control operation with optional warning systems
AWMA can design, manufacture and install a flood mitigation solution to protect a single house, a stadium or an entire town. When approaching your next flood mitigation project, consider a partnership with AWMA to receive the most comprehensive service, support and expertise in the industry.
AWMA also offer a specific FloodFree range of proven, purpose-built Flood Barriers, designed and manufactured in Australia by AWMA Water Control Solutions. For details on the FloodFree range of Flood Barrier products visit; https://www.floodfree.com.au/