Single Cylinder Screens and T-Screens provide screening solutions for pumped intakes and gravity offtakes.
AWMA's Cylinder Screens offer an ultimate self-cleaning water screening solution, with the benefit of internal and external brush systems.
The strong, well proven wedge wire screen medium protects fish and aquatic life, whilst delivering high quality water.
How it works
- Water flows through the wedge wire screen surface (allowing for fish protected filtration),
- The internal drive unit slowly rotates the external wedge wire cylinder,
- Fixed internal and external brush systems clean the screening surface, allowing for efficient operation with unrestricted flow, year round,
- The screen drive unit includes electric and hydraulic options which may be mains or solar powered,
- The cylinder screens are programmed by the asset owner to operate as often as required in accordance with predicted debris loads,
- The Single Cylinder Screen allows flows up to 150ML/day,
- The AWMA T-Screen is suitable for flows up to 300 ML/day,
- Configurations for multiple screens, with a large flow capacity are available on request.
- Various screen aperture sizes available, typically 2mm slot width
- Low maintenance stainless steel construction
- Wedge wire screen medium is strong and durable
- Self-cleaning with internal and external brushes
- Even flow distribution over screen surface
- Retrievable or fixed position
- Cathodic protection to minimise corrosion
- Proven technology
- Compliant with AUS/NZ Fish Screening Guidelines
- Sustainable operation under heavy debris, sedimentation and
- Protects fish from entrainment and impingement
- Protects pumps from clogging
- Protects downstream filtration and irrigation equipment
- Improves water quality
- Power plant intakes
- Water extraction facilities
- Cooling water intakes
- A range of sizes and configurations are available to suit site and application requirements.
- Whilst the screens are self-cleaning and require minimal maintenance, a number of options are available to retrieve the screen to the surface.
- The screen's self-cleaning drive system may be mains or solar powered
- The Drive Systems may be Electric or Hydraulic
- The self-cleaning screen ensures efficient operation, with fish protection, without comprising flow.
Brush-cleaned cylinder and cone screens are designed and manufactured by AWMA under a licensing agreement with Intake Screens, Inc.