These self-cleaning Cylinder Screens are self-propelled (requiring no external power source), suitable for pumped intakes and gravity offtakes.
AWMA's Self-propelled Cylinder Screens offer a self-cleaning water screening solution, with a unique internal and external brush system, for applications where there is no power source available.
The strong, well proven wedge wire screen medium protects fish and aquatic life, whilst distributing high quality water.
How It Works
- The screen unit consists of a wedge wire cylinder, propeller drive systems, internal brush system and external brush system,
- Water flows through the wedge wire screen surface (allowing for fish protected filtration),
- The propeller drive system operates automatically whenever the flow in the suction pipe exceeds a certain velocity, this in turn rotates the screen through a gearbox arrangement to self-clean the cylinder screen,
- Fixed internal and external brush systems clean both sides of the screening surface, allowing for efficient operation with unrestricted flow, year round,
- Two sizes are available as standard with customised options upon request,
- Standard Self-propelled Cylinder Screen for flows up to 15ML/day,
- Medium Self-propelled Cylinder Screen for flows up to 30ML/day,
- Configurations for multiple screens, with a large flow capacity are available on request.
- The self-cleaning screen ensures efficient operation, with fish protection, without comprising flow.
- Retrieval systems include the AWMA Submersible Pontoon.
- Various screen aperture sizes available, typically 2mm slot width
- Low maintenance stainless steel construction
- Wedge wire screen medium is strong and durable
- Self-cleaning with internal and external brushes
- Even flow distribution over screen surface
- Retrievable or fixed position
- Cathodic protection to minimise corrosion
- Proven technology
- Compliant with AUS/NZ Fish Screening Guidelines
- Sustainable operation under heavy debris, sedimentation and biofouling conditions
- Protects fish from entrainment and impingement
- Protects pumps from clogging
- Protects downstream filtration and irrigation equipment
- Improves water quality
- Power plant intakes
- Water extraction facilities
- Cooling water intakes
- A range of sizes and configurations are available to suit site and application requirements.
- Whilst the screens are self-cleaning and require minimal maintenance, a number of options are available to retrieve the screen to the surface.
- The propeller drive system on this model uses the waterway's natural flow velocity to rotate the external cylinder screen, which in turn self-cleans both sides of the wedge wire screen medium. A clean and efficient screening solution allows water to flow through the screen into the suction pipe, delivering clean water (with fish protection), without disrupting flow.