WLF Penstock's are AWMA's Wedge Lock Gate Penstock Valves. They are sluice type penstocks featuring a wedge lock seal, designed for high head applications.
- Resilient seals around all four sides of the aperture.
- A unique design applies a positive seal pressure as the gate fully closes providing excellent sealing under high head pressures.
- Bi-directional sealing optional.
- Single and dual spindle configurations available.
- Both rising and non-rising spindle configurations available.
- Custom designed and fabricated to suit any size or shaped orifice.
- Full perimeter sealing accommodates high head pressures for excellent sealing performance across all applications.
- Isolation of flow under high head applications.
- Suitable in corrosive environments.
- AWMA’s design team will provide full support to ensure the most appropriate solution is developed and specified during the preliminary design.
- All AWMA water control gates are custom sized to ensure they meet specific site and operational requirements.
- Customisation reduces installation costs.
- AWMA select materials to meet a minimum design life of 25 years. Where required, AWMA can offer higher grade materials, coatings and protection systems to extend the design life to 100+ years.
- AWMA use ultra high molecular weight polyethylene (UHMWPE) for penstock door guides and/or wedges to provide maintenance free bearing surfaces.
- Plasticised PVC or EPDM are used for the manufacture of seals. These materials offer superior endurance in wastewater and freshwater applications.
- Materials used for penstock door and frames include marine grade aluminium and grades 304, 316, 2205 and 2507 stainless steel.
- Alternative material options are available to suit the application and/or environment specific requirements.
- Materials used in the construction of the WLF Penstock range have a high corrosion resistance and can be operated for many years with minimal maintenance.
- The sealing ability of this gate exceeds that required by the ‘Australian Technical Specification for Fabricated Water Control Infrastructure’.
- The WLF Penstock range has a minimum 25year design life.
- Minimal maintenance is required offering low “whole of life costs”.
- If required, all the wearing components can be changed, with ease, on site.
- The WLF Penstock has specifically been designed with the seals mounted on the gate leaf, rather than the frame, for ease of maintenance.
- All fabrication is in accordance with the ‘Australian Technical Specification for Fabricated Water Control Infrastructure’.
- All stainless steel welding is continuous to avoid crevice corrosion.
- All procedures are in accordance with AWMA’s accredited ISO 9001 Quality Management System to ensure each gate is manufactured to a high standard, tested and ready for trouble free operation post approved installation.
- Typically wall mounted.
- The WLF Penstocks are ideal for pit installations.
- Choose from;
- Rising Spindle,
- Non-Rising Spindle or
- AWMA’s Rising/Non-Rising Spindle Arrangement
- Handwheel, electric, hydraulic or pneumatic actuator.
- Portable actuation systems available.
- Integration into new or existing SCADA systems optional.
- Global, web based operating platforms for remote control and monitoring.
DOCUMENTATION AND TRAINING
- Detailed documentation on operation, testing procedures and maintenance will be provided with all AWMA water control solutions.
- Comprehensive on and/or off site training available.