One way flap gate valve to regulate and prevent backflow
The AWMA Flap Gate is a top-hinged one way flap valve utilised as a backflow prevention device, suitable for flood water, sewage, storm water outfall and tidal control.
AWMA’s aluminium and stainless steel, non-return, flap valve products are supplied as standard designs or tailor-made to meet specific site requirements. We specialise in supplying high quality, high performance water control infrastructure for all industries.
Some features of the AWMA Flap Gate Valve:
- Full perimeter sealing up to 10m head pressure
- Low head loss
- Gravity and head pressure achieve automatic one-way flood, tidal or flow control
- Effective back-flow prevention for flood control
- Lifting lugs or optional cable winch allows the flap valve to be raised in emergency situations
- Requires minimal civil works to install
- Designed for any size or shaped opening
Explore the links below to see some examples of projects that utilise the AWMA Flap Valve Gate (gravity gate) or contact AWMA for more information on our flood gates, flood control devices, flood barriers and all other water control and management design solutions.