Cone shaped screening solutions ideal for fish friendly, shallow intakes or offtakes.
AWMA specialise in supplying high quality, high performance screening solutions.
The AWMA Cone Screens are a proven fish and debris exclusion system, ideal for shallow water intakes, such as those located in diversions pools, rivers and channels.
The screens are permanently submerged below the water surface with external brushes that facilitate a self-cleaning function. The automated external brush cleaning action is programmed in accordance with expected debris loads to prevent debris build-up, sedimentation and bio-fouling.
The Cone Screens can be mounted onto a custom designed base to suit site and operational requirements.
Water passes through the wedge wire screening material (without any damage to aquatic life), through the base structure and into the intake system. The cone shaped design is strong, durable and delivers minimal head loss through the screen to ensure efficient water delivery.
AWMA products are supplied as standard designs or tailor made to meet specific site requirements.
- Screen covers a bottom intake, pipe or open channel.
- Reduces flows down to 0.1m per second.
- External brush arms rotate about vertical axis to clean screen surface.
- Low maintenance stainless steel construction.
- Wedge wire screen medium is strong and durable.
- Internal diffuser ensures even velocity over screen area.
- Cone shaped screens provide large surface area over small footprint.
- Various aperture sizes available, typically 2mm slot width.
- Standard size cone screens available up to 150 ML/day, or custom sizes upon request.
- Proven technology.
- Compliant with AUS/NZ Fish Screening Guidelines.
- Sustainable operation under heavy debris, sedimentation and biofouling conditions.
- Marine-duty hydraulic motor rotates brushes in both directions.
- Protects fish from entrainment and impingement.
- Protects pumps from clogging.
- Protects downstream filtration and irrigation equipment.
- Improves water quality.
- Suitable for shallow or partially submerged applications.
- Can include SCADA interface for remote monitoring and control functionality.
- Urban Water Intakes.
- Debris/weed dense waterways.
- A range of standard sizes available.
- Multiple screens may be used at any one location to accommodate large flow volumes.
- The Cone Screen can be mounted onto a custom designed base to suit site and operational requirements.
- Designed to withstand harsh operating environments with low whole of life costs.
- Cone Screens can be mains or solar powered.
- Actuation options include Electric or Hydraulic.
- Designed for low whole of life/low operating costs.
- The brushes operate on a timer, automatically, as programmed to suit cleaning requirements based on debris loads.
- Typically brushes only need operate once or twice a day, for a minute or two.
Contact AWMA today to discuss screening solutions for your application.