The AWMA ULF Penstock is an undershot regulating penstock for flow regulation, diversion, level control or isolation.
Undershot Penstocks are also known as a Sluice gates, Slide gates, Water Gates or Stop gates.
- Resilient seals on three sides of the aperture (for full perimeter sealing see the TLF Penstock and WLF Penstock).
- Bi-directional sealing available.
- Both rising and non-rising spindle configurations available.
- Custom designed and fabricated to suit any size or shaped orifice.
- The ULF Penstock range is commonly used for many applications across all industry sectors.
- Undershot isolation and regulation.
- Undershot regulation of open channel flow
- AWMA’s design team will provide full support to ensure the most appropriate solution is developed and specified during the preliminary design.
- All AWMA water control gates are custom sized to ensure they meet specific site and operational requirements.
- Customisation reduces installation costs.
- AWMA select materials to meet a minimum design life of 25 years. Where required, AWMA can offer higher grade materials, coatings and protection systems to extend the design life to 100+ years.
- AWMA use ultra high molecular weight polyethylene (UHMWPE) for penstock door guides and/or wedges to provide maintenance free bearing surfaces.
- Plasticised PVC or EPDM are used for the manufacture of seals. These materials offer superior endurance in wastewater and freshwater applications.
- Materials used for penstock door and frames include marine grade aluminium and grades 304, 316, 2205 and 2507 stainless steel.
- Materials used in the construction of the ULF Penstock range have a high corrosion resistance and can be operated for many years with minimal maintenance.
- The sealing ability of this gate exceeds that required by the ‘Australian Technical Specification for Fabricated Water Control Infrastructure’.
- The ULF Penstock range has a minimum 25 year design life.
- Minimal maintenance is required offering low ‘whole of life costs’.
- If required, all the wearing components can be changed, with ease, on site.
- All fabrication is in accordance with the ‘Australian Technical Specification for Fabricated Water Control Infrastructure’.
- All stainless steel welding is continuous to avoid crevice corrosion.
- All procedures are in accordance with AWMA’s accredited ISO 9001 Quality Management System to ensure each gate is manufactured to a high standard, tested and ready for trouble free operation post approved installation.
- The ULF Penstocks are typically wall mounted.
- The side frames can be face mounted or embedded.
- The sill is available in a raised or flat sill configuration.
- Mount to concrete headwalls, in a channel or within channel rebates.
- Choose from
- Rising Spindle or
- Non-Rising Spindle.
- Handwheel, electric, hydraulic or pneumatic actuator.
- Portable 12VDC actuator and 240VAC actuator available.
- Accepts portable petrol power actuator system.
- Integration into new or existing SCADA systems optional.
- Global, web based operating platforms for remote control and monitoring.
DOCUMENTATION AND TRAINING
- Detailed documentation on operation, testing procedures and maintenance will be provided with all AWMA water control solutions.
- Comprehensive on and/or off site training available.