SELF-CLEANING INTAKE SCREENS WITH OPTIONAL RETRIEVAL SYSTEMS, SUBMERGIBLE PONTOONS AND MORE...
The AWMA Inlet Screen is designed to eliminate debris blockages on diversion pumps from natural waterways and canals.
The inlet screen has a very low approach velocity, ensuring it is fish friendly. It's self-cleaning functionality utilises internal and external brushes to eliminate any debris loading or suspended solid buildup from the structure.
The screen material and design dictates very low maintenance requirements. Manufactured from 3mm slot Grade 304 stainless steel wedge wire, the screen is extremely strong and durable.
The self-cleaning function utilises one exterior static and one internal rotating brush that can be powered or self-propelled. Propeller driven screens operate automatically whenever the flow in the suction pipe exceeds 0.6m/s, turning an impeller that rotates the screen through a gearbox arrangement.
AWMA have also developed a submergible pontoon option for certain intake screen applications. When fitted to a submersible pontoon the inlet screen is bolted on to a 304 stainless steel frame that is mounted between two poly pontoons, allowing the intake screen to be raised to the surface if required.
- Typically up to 150 ML/day (single screen) and 300 ML/day (T-screen). Multiple screens used for higher flows.
- Wedge wire screen medium; slot sizes 0.5 mm to 3 mm.
- Compliant with Australian and New Zealand Fish Screening Guidelines.
- Proven technology.
- Low maintenance stainless steel construction.
- Integrated dual brush cleaning system.
- External and internal brushes.
- Cylinder rotates to clean.
- Suitable for submerged intakes.
- Retrievable or fixed position.
- Fish friendly.
- 'T' and drum style screen options.
PROPELLER DRIVEN SCREENS FOR SMALL PUMP OFFTAKES
- Stainless steel construction with wedge wire cylinders.
- Typically 4ML/day to 36ML/day.
- Minimal head loss.
- Brush cleaned cylinder screen.
- Turbine drive cylinder, no power required.
- Range of Retrieval Systems.
Contact AWMA today to discuss screening solutions to suit your application.