AWMA manufacture Automated Trash Screens for improved water quality with reduced risk.
AWMA’s automated trash screens have been engineered to provide an economical, robust and reliable self-cleaning system that can be easily maintained out of the waterway without the need to dewater or bypass the structure.
AWMA’s range of automated trash screens and trash rack cleaning systems are easily configurable to suit different types of debris and structures, with low head loss and they are virtually maintenance free!
Automated Trash Screens are suitable for the exclusion of weed, rubbish, environmental matter and debris. They are designed with safety as the key priority, for the public, wildlife and operators.
Standard or customised, choose from our range of Automated Trash Screen cleaning systems.
- Captures floating and submerged debris within waterways
- Various designs to suit any application
- Self-cleaning system
- Reduced OH&S risks
- Requires minimal civil works to install
- May be engineered to suit any size or shaped orifice
- Designs meet safety regulations on pipes, siphons, pumps and culverts
- Requires minimal maintenance
- Robust stainless steel materials
Automated Trash Screens are often used in water delivery networks and environmental applications to remove debris from waterways, often protecting downstream systems and minimising OH&S risks.
AWMA offer two main design options;
Automated Trash Screen - Coarse Raked Bar Screen
- Designed for the removal of bulk debris such as; weed, branches and general litter.
- Large, robust 'Rakes' capture debris and transport it out of the waterway.
- Typically, vertical bar spacing is between 25mm - 100mm.
Automated Trash Screen - Wedge Wire Fine Brushed Screen
- Designed for the removal of finer sediments such as weed, general litter, environmental matter and vegetation seeds.
- Features stainless steel wedge wire mesh for finer filtration.
- 5mm aperture wedge wire as standard.
Every product is custom designed to meet site and operational requirements, allowing for choice of material, screening aperture size, structure size and operational systems.
The AWMA Trash Screens are utilised for applications including:
- Stormwater Systems
- Water Distribution Systems
- Environmental protection
AWMA’s Automated Trash Screens utilise either raked or brushed elevator's (or flights) attached to a rotating chain system. This is driven by a motor and gearbox coupled to a drive shaft. The result is a reliable, autonomous, self-cleaning system. These debris removal processes can remove bulky objects and/or fine debris from the front of the screen to avoid blockages. Debris is transported upwards, out of the waterway into removable disposal bins, conveying chutes or troughs. Optional water sprays are available.
Automated cleaning of trash screens eliminates risk to operators in performing manual raking processes.
Specialising in high quality, high performance water control infrastructure for all industries, AWMA can supply you with exceptional aluminium and stainless steel flow control products and exclusion screens suited to your specific application.
What are Trash Screens and Trash Racks?
Trash Screens and Trash Racks are designed to capture floating and submerged debris within water way systems. Typically made from stainless steel and are ideally automated to ensure safe removal of weed or debris from the waterway.
AWMA are a leading, Australian, trash screen supplier. You can enjoy complete peace of mind with assured quality across our entire product range.
For an effective and innovative trash rack cleaning system, debris screens or any of our other aluminium or stainless steel flow control products, contact us today!