AWMA is leading the industry in providing accountability for water control infrastructure.
AWMA specialise in continually developing gate designs to remain ahead of industry demand.
This initiative led AWMA to develop ‘FlowLab’, a purpose built testing facility, to support full compliance of water control infrastructure in a rapidly expanding and dynamic marketplace.
FlowLab is a qualified research facility available to test and certify the accuracy of metering devices and water management structures.
The AWMA FlowLab is a large scale calibrated volumetric test facility, allowing simulated in-situ testing of water control structures and meters in open channel conditions with flows ranging between 0.5ML/day to 100ML/day.
- Accurate verification of flow
- True open channel conditions
- Capacity to test a range of water control structures and metering devices
- All organisations operating within the Australian water industry have a facility suitable to test and certify flow control structures and associated algorithms
- Opportunities to research, test and develop gate and meter design capabilities
- Assist the development and implementation of new Australia Standards involving metering
The facility is OH&S compliant, well proven and industry accepted.
AWMA welcomes the opportunity for clients to inspect our dedicated facilities and specialist resources, including FlowLab and our hydrostatic test equipment. Our facilities have been specifically designed to test a variety of flow control devices including large, high head penstocks under true operating conditions.