AWMA custom manufacture numerous multi-leaf gate designs around an innovative vertical slide / weir gate methodology, allowing flow under and/or over the gate leaves.
Multi-Leaf Gate Features
- Vertical overshot for flow regulation over the gate crest
- Undershot flow control for regulation or drainage
- Top sealing gates for isolation of submerged apertures
- Gate position indication is an option
Multi-leaf design options include:
- Head & Discharge Gate for upper and lower gate actuation
- Fixed Base Overshot for upper gate actuation only with lower gate fixed
- Combination Gate for upper and lower gate actuation as well as full removal of gates from the waterway for peak flow conditions
The AWMA Combination Gate:
- Combination Gates allow many options for overshot and undershot flow regulation and control, within a single gate structure.
- Regulate flows and water levels with the upper gate leaf.
- Set flow rate or fully drain the upstream pool with the lower gate leaf.
- Lift both gate leaves completely out of the water way to allow for unobstructed flow.
- Custom designed to meet flow regulation, operation and site requirements.
- Suitable for single and multi-bay sites.
- Uni-directional sealing as standard.
- Both rising and non-rising spindle configurations available.
- Accurate overshot and undershot flow and level control.
- Custom designed and fabricated to suit any size or shaped orifice.
- The Combination Gate range is utilised for applications across all industry sectors. They are commonly used in irrigation and environmental applications where flood events are common.
- Multiple regulation and isolation options for medium-large applications.
- AWMA’s design team will provide full support to ensure the most appropriate solution is developed and specified during the preliminary design.
- All AWMA water control gates are custom sized to ensure they meet specific site and operational requirements.
- Customisation reduces installation costs.
- AWMA select materials to meet a minimum design life of 25 years. Where required, AWMA can offer higher grade materials, coatings and protection systems to extend the design life to 100+ years.
- AWMA use ultra high molecular weight polyethylene (UHMWPE) for penstock door guides and/or wedges to provide maintenance free bearing surfaces.
- Plasticised PVC or EPDM are used for the manufacture of seals. These materials offer superior endurance in wastewater and freshwater applications.
- Materials used for gates and frames include marine grade aluminium and grades 304, 316, 2205 and 2507 stainless steel.
- Materials used in the construction of the Combination Gate range have a high corrosion resistance and can be operated for many years with minimal maintenance.
- The sealing ability of this gate exceeds that required by the ‘Australian Technical Specification for Fabricated Water Control Infrastructure’.
- The Combination Gate has a minimum 25 year design life.
- Minimal maintenance is required offering low ‘whole of life costs’.
- If required, all the wearing components can be changed, with ease, on site.
- All fabrication is in accordance with the ‘Australian Technical Specification for Fabricated Water Control Infrastructure’.
- All procedures are in accordance with AWMA’s accredited ISO 9001 Quality Management System to ensure each gate is manufactured to a high standard, tested and ready for trouble-free operation post-approved installation.
- Combination Gates are typically wall mounted. The side frames can be face mounted or embedded.
- The sill is available in a raised or flat sill configuration.
- Handwheel, electric, hydraulic or pneumatic actuator.
- Portable actuation systems available.
- Integration into new or existing SCADA systems optional.
- Global, web based operating platforms for remote control and monitoring.
DOCUMENTATION AND TRAINING
- Detailed documentation on operation, testing procedures and maintenance will be provided with all AWMA water control solutions.
- Comprehensive on and/or off site training available.
AWMA specialise in supplying high quality, high performance water control infrastructure for all industries.
AWMA’s aluminium and stainless steel flow control products are supplied as standard designs or tailor made to meet specific site requirements.