AWMA's Retractable Flood Barrier is a sliding flood barrier designed specifically to isolate large openings as part of a total flood defence system.
- Suitable for 1m - 30m wide openings up to 3m high as standard.
- Easily deployed by a single operator.
- Heal safe track system.
- Custom designed to meet site requirements.
- Low maintenance.
- Can be designed to complement building facades.
- Typically installed on driveway entry points
- Residential and commercial building protection
- Property boundarys
- Basement entry and ventation points
- Pedestrian access
- All FloodFree Barriers are purpose-designed, engineered and manufactured by AWMA Water Control Solutions.
- AWMA’s design team provide full support to project partners, ensuring the product delivered will be engineered and certifiedto withstand worse case scenarios for expected flood water height, debris loading, deployment times etc.
- Design considerations include the condition of the nominated site, with options for greenfield and brownfield sites.
The FloodFree range has a minimum 25 year design life.
Minimal maintenance is required ensuring low ‘whole of life costs’.
All procedures are in accordance with AWMA’s accredited ISO 9001 Quality Management System to ensure each barrier is manufactured to a high standard, tested and ready for trouble free operation.
The Retractable Flood Barrier travels sideways to close the gap in an existing wall, completing the isolation required to protect assets from rising water levels.
Detailed documentation on operation, testing procedures and maintenance can be provided with all FloodFree Barriers.
Comprehensive on and/or off site training available.