AWMA’s Decant Gate is a high frequency modulating gate for decanting applications, featuring a specialised cable drive mechanism.
• Specialised AWMA positive drive cables mitigate risks associated with component wear in high frequency, modulating gate systems.
• Designed to extend the design life of decanting infrastructure.
• Designed in partnership with key stakeholders.
• Minimal risk of mechanical failure, common in equipment with high frequency duty cycles.
• Medium to large decanting water and waste water applications.
• AWMA’s design team will provide full support to ensure the most appropriate solution is developed and specified during the preliminary design.
• All AWMA water control gates are custom sized to ensure they meet specific site and operational requirements.
• Customisation reduces installation and civil costs.
• AWMA select materials to meet a minimum design life of 25 years. Where required, AWMA can offer higher grade materials, coatings and protection systems to extend the design life to 100+ years.
• Constructed from marine grade aluminium or stainless steel.
• Components designed for long term immersion in corrosive environments.
• Materials used in the construction of the DLF Penstock range have a high corrosion resistance and can be operated for many years with minimal maintenance.
• The sealing ability of this gate exceeds that required by the ‘Australian Technical Specification for Fabricated Water Control Infrastructure’.
• The Decant Gate has a minimum 25 year design life.
• Minimal maintenance is required offering low ‘whole of life costs’.
• If required, all the wearing components can be changed, with ease, on site.
• All fabrication is in accordance with the ‘Australian Technical Specification for Fabricated Water Control Infrastructure’.
• All stainless steel welding is continuous to avoid crevice corrosion.
• All procedures are in accordance with AWMA’s accredited ISO 9001 Quality Management System to ensure each gate is manufactured to a high standard, tested and ready for trouble free operation post approved installation.”
• Decant Gates are typically mounted to a concrete headwall.
• Handwheel, electric, hydraulic or pneumatic actuator.
• Portable actuation systems available.
• Integration into new or existing SCADA systems optional.
• Global, web based operating platforms for remote control and monitoring.
DOCUMENTATION AND TRAINING
• Detailed documentation on operation, testing procedures and maintenance will be provided with all AWMA water control solutions.
• Comprehensive on and/or off site training available.