AWMA have extensive experience partnering major irrigation authorities in irrigation modernisation programs including Canal Mechanisation and Automation.
Thousands of irrigation gates have been supplied and installed by AWMA, the majority through multi-year design, manufacture and install contracts.
For two decades, AWMA has successfully delivered a wide range of projects for accurate and reliable irrigation delivery. These end-to-end irrigation modernisation programs include:
- Large scale, staged projects
- OH&S upgrades
- Outfall monitoring
- Channel regulation
- Accurate flow measurement onto farm
- On-farm water management solutions
AWMA’s tailored solutions accommodate many considerations critical to the irrigation industry, including:
- Safe and efficient operation (compliant with Australian Standards)
- Low whole of life costs
- Accurate volumetric flow measurement
- Custom sizes allowing retrofit to existing structures, reducing the requirement for civil works
- Various degrees of automation from manual through to fully automated (SCADA) systems
- Commercial 'off-the-shelf' (COTS) technology
- Open platform software for integration with other business systems
- Data collection and management options
- Portable actuation systems
- Software for enhanced operating systems (from ordering through to on-farm delivery)
- On-going system development and support
End-to-end irrigation modernisation programs are custom designed for a holistic approach to business operations resulting in enhanced outcomes. AWMA provide on-going support throughout the design phrase with detail to SCADA remote monitoring and control capabilities, demand management systems, water ordering systems etc.
AWMA SCADA software can be designed to provide automation of existing manual operations, right through to significantly enhanced operating systems.
AWMA designed and constructed 'FlowLab', a unique flow test facility. Research and Development Programs conducted at FlowLab have allowed AWMA to develop world first, certified, flow algorithms that will provide operators with accurate flow measurement on both manual and automated gates (contact AWMA for more information regarding FlowLab and it's availability).
When approaching your next irrigation project, consider a partnership with AWMA to receive the most comprehensive service, support and expertise in the industry.