Pipe and Riser Systems have become one of the most efficient systems in delivering water for sustainable surface irrigation on-farm. The increased demand led AWMA to re-engineer the ‘Riser’ to provide effective options for irrigators.
Features of the i-Riser:
- Easy to open and close via crank handle or battery drill.
- Standard unit fits both ø355mm and ø315mm pipe, larger units available upon request including 450mm and the ‘Hi-Riser’ for in-channel outlets.
- Zero leakage for the life of the riser.
- Tested to 20m head pressure.
- The hydrodynamic seal allows the riser to be operated with very low force.
- Marine grade aluminium construction.
- Installation is quick and simple, resulting in time and money saved during your on-farm installation.
- Low torque operation. No straining to break the seal when opening, or to make the seal when closing.
- Fully enclosed unit means there is no extra infrastructure required on-farm.
- The design creates a rear shroud minimising backwash and protecting the operator from getting wet when operating manually.
- Livestock friendly, reducing the possibilities of damage to all components of the i-Riser.
- Non-rising spindle (spindle does not protrude from the top of the i-Riser when open). NEW low maintenance spindle nut.
i-Riser PLUS models mitigate air pressure and vacuum issues in pipelines.
Features of the i-Riser PLUS
- Mitigate potential pipeline failure and increase pumping efficiency.
- Internal Vacuum Relief System.
- Internal Air Release Valve.
- Fully integrated structure for maximum effectiveness and mechanical protection.
- Easily retrofitted to any new or existing Pipe and Riser Systems.
- When installing i-Risers, typically every 5th Riser will be an i-RiserPLUS.
Units can easily be upgraded to automated operation.
For further information on automation options for the AWMA iRiser visit:
The main benefits that justify the investment are time management, reliability and water savings" Gary Wight, Cohuna