AWMA has an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to actively plan, coordinate and manage works through the design and manufacturing phase onto client delivery and installation.
As you will be working on fully customised products for each project, there will be a high-level of stakeholder management required for this role, so strong attention to detail and communication skills are a must. Importantly, AWMA is looking for a personable team player who will work well within the existing team and collaborate as required to get the best results for clients.
- To be considered for this position you will have a strong background in project management, within a relevant industry such as manufacturing or civil construction.
- Qualifications preferred but not essential. Demonstrated manufacturing or engineering experience will be highly weighted.
- AWMA strives for continual improvement in all aspects of the company. There is the opportunity for the right applicant to contribute to positive change, not only within the role, but within the company in general.
- Manage supply, logistics and managing sub-contractors
- Schedule work in a competitive environment
- Manage the financial aspect of projects
- Liaise with customers effectively
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders and suppliers
- Focus on tasks to completion
- Monitor outcome and ensure the team is continuously delivering
- Site travel
Skills and Experience:
- Strong communication and stakeholder engagement ability
- Sound contract management and negotiation experience
- Strong time management and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to develop solutions for clients based on project specific requirements
- Strong business acumen and understanding of the construction industry would be an advantage
- Strong customer service focus
- A reliable and strong drive to succeed
- Monitor and control the quality of your own work
- Motivate yourself and persevere when obstacles emerge
- Show initiative
- Ability to reprioritise workflows as change occurs
Some travel to site will be required as part of this role and a current driver’s licence is essential.
If you are looking for a growing specialist manufacturer who can offer a variety of different water infrastructure projects across the Australasian Region, and wish to be part of a family orientated organisation who looks after its employees and the local community, then this role is ideal for you.
Previous applicants need not apply.
AWMA is an Australian owned and operated business specialising in the delivery of water control infrastructure projects. With over 20 years’ experience in the water industry and over 50 full-time employees, AWMA has successfully established themselves to be the market leader in their field. Working for some of the largest construction companies and water authorities within Australia and New Zealand, AWMA designs, manufactures and installs fabricated water control gates, screens and flood barriers.
Based in Cohuna, AWMA is situated on the Murray River, in Northern Victoria, just a short drive from Echuca. The region boasts an idyllic natural environment with stunning waterways and tranquil bushland – a great place for a ‘tree change’.
Please note – only candidates demonstrating required skills and attributes will be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All applications to be emailed to: email@example.com attention: Leigh Scoullar (Operations Manager)
Applications close 12th August 2020.
Thank you for your interest in AWMA Water Control Solutions.