AWMA has an exciting opportunity for a Technical Support Engineer to provide engineering support to all areas of the business as directed by the Engineering Manager.
As you will be working on fully customised products for each project, detailed engineering analysis and validation shall be required, along with engineering documentation such as design reports, safety in design reports and document preparation for external RPEQ certification. As such, a proven structured critical thinking ability and strong attention to detail is a must. Importantly, AWMA is looking for a personable team player who will work well within the existing team and collaborate as required to get the best results for clients.
- Perform engineering validation inline with the relevant Standards, or by means of FEA methods where it is more practical.
- Conduct detailed engineering analysis and reporting as directed by the Engineering Manager. This will include design conformance verification to:
- AS 1170 – All parts
- AS 4100
- AS 3990
- AS 1664.2
- AS 1657
- Assist the Research and Development Manager with detail engineering analysis, product development, testing, and documentation as required.
- Assist the Sales estimation process with engineering calculations and investigation as required.
- Regularly inspect work in progress on the factory floor and drive quality, cost effectiveness and standardisation in design.
- Lead design reviews with the Product Design Engineers.
- Assist the Project Management team with customer technical inquiries and interface meetings.
- Assist the Project Management team with site supervision, inspection, and management on large high-risk projects as required.
Some travel will be required as part of this role and a current driver’s licence is essential.
If you are looking for a growing specialist manufacturer who can offer variety of different water infrastructure projects across Australasian Region, and be part of a family orientated organization who looks after its employees and the local community, then this role is ideal for you.
AWMA is an Australian owned and operated specialist in delivery of water control infrastructure projects. With over 20 years’ experience in the water industry and with over 50 full-time employees, AWMA has successfully established themselves to be the market leader in their field. Working for some of the largest construction companies and water authorities within Australia and New Zealand, AWMA designs, manufactures and installs fabricated water control gates, screens and flood barriers.
Based in Cohuna, situated on the Murray River, in Northern Victoria, just a short drive from Echuca, this is the opportunity to make that tree change! The region boasts an idyllic natural environment with stunning waterways and tranquil bushland.
With water projects in demand, this is an exciting opportunity for a Technical Support Engineer to provide engineering support to the all business units as directed by the Engineering Manager.
AWMA strives for continual improvement in all aspects of the company. There is the opportunity for the right applicant to contribute to positive change, not only within the role, but within the company in general.
Applications to be forwarded to: