The successful applicant will receive the opportunity to:
- Supervise, mentor and train a team of qualified and apprentice welders
- Work for an Australian owned and operated national market leader
- Become an integral part of a highly motivated manufacturing company
- Assist in the successful delivery of some of Australia’s largest water infrastructure projects
AWMA is a highly regarded, Australian owned and operated manufacturing business based in regional Victoria. As the national leader in Water Control Solutions, AWMA is renowned for its successful delivery of water control infrastructure projects. AWMA currently employ in excess of 50 staff throughout Australia and New Zealand.
AWMA’s success is underpinned by a strong culture of collaborating with our clients to achieve positive outcomes for all stakeholders. The company is progressive and innovative, driven by quality and continuous improvement. AWMA strive to achieve complete customer satisfaction from start to finish.
- Instructing the team of welders from a quality and productivity point of view including specialist sub-contractors.
- Ensure that all the welding activities are being performed as per the requirements of certain codes and standards.
- Evaluating the performance of welded jobs.
- Interpret specifications of drawings along with knowledge of welding terminology, and welding symbols.
- Increase welding productivities by using accurate fit-ups, proper use of welders, proper weld sizing, effective weld station design, and elimination of rework.
- Keeping projects resourced with plant and materials.
- Write welding instructions, define testing requirements, prepare reports.
- Ensure all the welding activities are performed as per the requirements before the evaluation of inspection that is conducted by qualified inspection personnel.
- Maintain the welders qualification register.
- Organise 3rd party testing on projects.
- Co-ordinate welding qualifications.
- Maintaining and contributing to the company's quality management program.
- Follow all site safety requirements to ensure the safety and wellbeing management of all stakeholders.
- Monitoring and controlling all aspects of OH&S.
- Ability to supervise, mentor and train a team of qualified and apprentice welders
- Experience in Stainless Steel; 304/316/2205/2507
- Experience with Aluminium
- Management of inventory including welders, spares, consumables, servicing
Highly Regarded qualifications
- Trade Certificate in Fabrication or related trade (ie; Welding / Boiler Making / Sheet metal)
- Welding supervisor Visual and Dye Penetrant qualified
- Comprehensive product training will be provided to the successful applicant.
Australian residents only to apply. No recruitment agencies.
All applications should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention: Toni Kelly (Human Resources)
Thank you for your interest in AWMA Water Control Solutions, we look forward to hearing from you.